|My 2013 IOLI Course offering have changed. Check out the link below for the new details.
2013 IOLI Course Offerings!
Designed by Holly Van Sciver. Made by Janice BlairAnnouncing the FLLG 2013
Lace Day Workshops and Lectures
Van Sciver Bobbin Lace
Supplies and Instruction for over 35 years
Continental Bobbins | English and Antique Bobbins |
| Pillows | Pattern Materials | Patterns | Tools | Kits | Pins |
Bobbin Winders | | Insert Jewelry and Boxes | Jewelry |
Designs Aids | Lamps and Magnifiers |Tatting |
Miscellaneous | Workshop and Teaching Schedule |
| Order Form |
If you don’t know what to do with your finished samples, put them into these handy insert rulers! Enjoy using your lace every day without worry of damage with these easy to mount and fun to use rulers.
The insert width is 1 1/4" and come in two sizes.
Short 6" Ruler $7.00
Long 12" Ruler $8.00
Finally we have Honiton Pillows back in stock. This weighted 6 lb. pillow is designed especially for use with Honiton Bobbins to make Honiton Lace. It is 13" in diameter and 5 1/5" tall and can be used on both sides.
huge 322 page book explores modern grounds their technique and
uses. In addition to this an extensive collection traditional
grounds are explored and modified to create new images and
applications. Grid changes, corner and edge design, beginning and
endings along with 32 new patterns make this book and must have for the
designer and modern lacemaker.
We are proud to announce the expansion of our stunning American made pewter/silver and 18K gold plate insert frames. These top of the line frames offer the perfect presentation vehicle for your finished lace or photos.
lace made by Susie Johnson
- Click on this link to print your own Calalogue -- Catalogue Update April 18, 2013.
- Attention International Customers: Take advantage of the USPS new international flat rate boxes and envelopes starting at $23.95.
- For our May book and DVD Update, go to the Books page for all the latest including Modern Grounds, Lace Jewelry, Idrija Lace, Broad Tape 1, Idrija Lace, Broad Tape 2, Modern Grounds, Allerlei Geklöppelter Ghristbaumschmuck, Mounting Lace Fans, Discover, Master, Explore Torchon.
- Super Fine Pins, Super Fine Heads! Check out the details on these pins in sizes 26 x .40, 32 x .40 and 38 x .40!
- New! Fil au Chinois Egyptian Cotton in 7 sizes.
- Take a look at our new Insert Rulers.
- Now stocking Lizbeth Cordonnet 40 and 80 in all 77 colors.
- The Lace Pillow Stand is back in stock and better then ever!
- Now stocking Piper's colored floss in 10 different colorways!
- Carrickmacross Scissors now in stock!
- Take a look at our new line of linen and cotton handkerchiefs, bonnets and wedding ring pillows.
- We've added new colors to our Gold Rush collection.
- Books and patterns by Martine Bruggeman.
- Wear these beautiful new silver pendants or put them on a bobbin!
- Check out our new #3 and #4 Gold Passing Threads.
- Back in stock by popular demand, Eeva-Liisa Kortelaht's books and patterns.
- We are now stocking Egyptian Cotton and Silk Organzine, Gernadine and Silk Floss from Bart and Francis.
- Sized right and priced right, click on this link to see our new roller pillow.
- We have a new International Square/Model 2 bobbin in two sizes!
- We invite Beginners to bobbin lacemaking to Build Your Own Kit! Beginners, we are now the exclusive distributors US & other NTSC countries of all 18 of the fabulous Springett Videos and DVD's, simply the best videos on the market and easiest way to learn bobbin lace on your own.
- Take a look at our new line of our gold and silver pendants and brooches.
- We are now stocking ethafoam cookie pillows in 5 sizes.
- Need catalogues for your next Lace Day or Meeting? Give me a call with the quantity and I'll ship them to you at no charge!
- Confused about pins? Read the short article on "How to Select a Pin" on the Pins page!
- Confused about thread colors? Shade cards are coming to life. View what's available so far on the Threads page by following the links. Please send us your feedback. We are responding as fast as possible to suggestions so please call (607-277-0498) or e-mail (email@example.com) your comments! Since search engines are not always reliable, please pass on our URL to other lacemakers who might be helped by our pages....thanks!
I invite you to peruse these pages containing my broad inventory of quality bobbin lacemaking supplies by clicking on one of the areas above. With the help of the computer, I am able to update my catalogue frequently giving you the most accurate reflection of available items and their prices. However, due to fluctuations in foreign currency, prices may change without notice. If you have any questions about the items listed on these pages, please feel free to call me at (607) 277-0498. Note that my stock is expanding and changing daily, so if you don't see something you want please call or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am also available for vending at Lace Days so call or e-mail me about any event your group is planning.
If you are looking for an experienced teacher please keep me in mind! Note that I have vast experience teaching throughout North America and can give you numerous references. I teach courses at all levels in Torchon, Bedfordshire, Honiton, Bucks Point, Russian and more! I am happy to tailor workshops to suit your group's needs. Click this link to see a schedule of my 2013 Workshops & Lace Days.
Over the years, I have found that the best way to select supplies involves careful consideration of the lacemaker's needs and interests, so give me the opportunity to use my 35 years of lacemaking & teaching experience combined with my knowledge of world-wide lacemaking resources to help you with your choices. When placing an order I recommend telephoning me at (607) 277-0498. However, if you are sure of your choices, please email me directly at email@example.com with your order. I will confirm your order by email including a total for your order. Payment can be made by check or money order made payable to Van Sciver Bobbin Lace. Orders are shipped the same day they are received. When ordering by email, I recommend that you print out the order form, complete it in full and then prepare an email including all pertinent information. If you order by email, be sure to check your email in the event that I have questions and to confirm your order. Additionally, an informative and illustrated printed catalogue is available by emailing me your address or calling me at:Holly Van Sciver
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (607) 277-0498
Most shipments within the USA are sent using two day priority mail service. Orders for supplies will be filled immediately and will include a free catalogue update. Please include an additional 8% ($6.95 minimum under 1 lb., $10.50 minimum over 1 lb.-$12.00 maximum) of the total order to cover postage and packaging. Orders including pillows, stands or s&h over the $12.00 will be shipped at cost. New York State residents must add sales tax applicable to your locality (generally 7% - 8 1/2%).
Shipments outside the USA are sent by USPS at cost. Please submit your order and I will quote your shipping options by USPS Express, Priority or International First Class by return email.